We are seeking a motivated and talented Front End Web Developer.
Our team of hardworking experts loves what we do, and we love to make a difference. We work with companies who are changing the world, and we’re happiest when we can be part of that. From big, household name brands to scrappy startups, our diverse client roster looks to us for smart, digital solutions covering the full spectrum of strategy, design, and technology. We’re here to drive growth, enable digital transformation, fuel innovation, and have some fun along the way.
Design and build user interface for CultureTrax, a SaaS-based hybrid LIMs platform specifically created for stem cell scientists. Work with product manager, user experience designer, and/or solutions architect to further refine the interface from concept to implementation with a first-rate user experience across all platforms and devices; participate in design process, reviewing and advising on wireframes and concepts to incorporate customer feedback and best practices for front-end implementation; create interactive prototypes as required; work with the application developers to implement and validate the design and ensure proper functionality and browser/device compatibility; work directly with clients as needed to validate in-progress implementations and confirm direction; also work with support to diagnose, debug, and resolve user interface issues with production systems.
Essential job duties for this position include the following items. Other duties must be performed as assigned or required.
- Participate in the full development lifecycle, including ensuring technical feasibility of UX designs, story review and estimation, page design and layout, client-side browser development, browser compatibility validation, implementation, and testing
- Build reusable components and libraries that can be shared across different applications.
- Build client-side apps using rapid prototyping, including defining data model and implementing mock data on server side
- Actively troubleshoot and support applications in production environments
- Evolve the front-end software engineering practice within the organization, especially as it relates to development and support of new web and mobile user experiences
- Build and improve software and tools by translating functional requirements into robust, interesting, supportable, and compelling web-based applications that work within the overall system architecture and meet client needs
- Facilitate continuous learning and professional development
- Associate degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school required in Computer Science or related field; Bachelor’s Degree preferred; and minimum five (5) years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with responsive design and related frameworks
- UX/UI experience, including wireframing and interactive prototyping
- Experience creating web-optimized graphics
- Experience with build tools
- Familiarity with biotechnology/cell culture workflows a plus
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Strong React skills
- WordPress or SaaS-based CMS experience
To perform this job successfully, the individual in this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skills, and ability required.
- Very strong CSS3 and HTML5 skills
- Ability to inspect and debug pages, and work with other developers to triage and fix issues, including navigating client-side logs to locate non-local errors
- Ability to handle multiple projects, adjust to changing priorities, and communicate effectively with all team members
- Ability to communicate and work directly with clients as needed
- Self-motivated and independent worker day-to-day, and an active and engaged participant in our collaborative team environment
- Proficient using source control tools