Our team of strategic thinkers, tactical doers and empowered experts are at our best when we're helping change the world. We aren't speaking metaphorically, many of our clients and their technology are indeed changing the world. From big, household name brands to the small shop that's building a prototype, we work with an incredible client roster to provide data-driven, holistic digital strategies so they can do it better.
You are an awesome curious, driven and attentive relationship-builder that owns and drives success. Your job is to keep your clients satisfied, and our company successful. You take a service-focused approach to leading a handful of high-value, strategic accounts through complex website, mobile/web application development, digital marketing and technical projects.
You are the consistent point of contact for your clients, but you work with talented team leads and rarely go it alone. You act as a chess master, skillfully bringing the right players in to make the right moves at the right time. You’re the person who knows everything that’s going on with your client, across every project, all the time. Success in this role requires crisp communication, radical candor, lots of empathy, constant curiosity and openness, and an unwavering focus on retaining business through smart decisions and taking care of your customers. You find personal significance and satisfaction in pouring your heart into caring for your clients, your coworkers, and our company.
A day in the life
You report to the VP of Sales & Marketing and must hit the ground running as an immediate contributor to a small account team in a fast-paced environment.
In your day-to-day, here’s some of what you’ll do:
- Manage a small but critical set of strategic clients and associated projects that present high value and opportunity to the organization.
- Balance client needs against the company’s bottom line, negotiating trade-offs and alternate solutions to keep things moving smoothly.
- Onboard new clients and dive in to get to know your clients’ business models, their challenges and opportunities, and have enough knowledge of the marketplace that you can help drive decision-making with them.
- Be the champion for your clients and for your team. Keep the customer’s best interests at heart, and drive the team to produce their best results, while buffering them from distractions.
- Work with internal team members and coordinators to ensure projects are running smoothly, on time and on budget.
To drive business growth, you will:
- Play an active role in identifying solution and business opportunities for existing clients, working closely with your project leads from design, development, IT and marketing to move from idea to pricing to agreements.
- Help prospect new business opportunities then partner with Sales and team leads on proposals, sales pitches, statements of work to drive new business through the sales funnel.
- Manage ongoing operational and administrative tasks including account forecasting, billing, and keeping the CRM current.
What you bring
- 8+ years of proven experience managing and retaining high-value, strategic relationships, preferably in an agency setting.
- Proven experience and success managing complex custom web/software application and large website projects.
- Knowledge of digital marketing strategies (content marketing, advertising, SEO, email).
- You have one foot in the strategic, and one in the tactical, always thinking what’s next while keeping today’s projects moving along and checking off the to-dos.
- You have strong interpersonal and communication skills and can finesse the sometimes delicate dynamics of client relationships.
- You're proficient in typical office productivity programs (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- You have experience with software for project management, CRMs, billing/invoicing, and reporting.