This person will be responsible for setting technical direction, driving and making key decisions around the architecture, technical design, development and implementation on web-based software development projects of varying size and complexity. Along with significant and proven technical expertise, this role requires good leadership, mentorship and strong communication skills.
- Proven expertise in C#/.NET, SQL Server, IIS, Server and Client Side MVC.
- Familiarity with object-oriented programming languages, test driven development patterns and techniques, database design and optimization tools and leading operating system and network platforms
- Can effectively perform detail level planning, functional and unit testing, and implementation.
- Can plan, estimate and track work accurately and efficiently, and report on team performance in estimation and tracking as needed.
- Proven ability to develop performant, scalable and maintainable client/server or distributed applications.
- Collaborative and flexible team member and leader who can work effectively and productively with internal and external stakeholders.
Duties, Responsibilities and Characteristics:
- Owns large-scale and broad-impact service or collection of services.
- Understands the business and makes decisions based on its direction.
- Is sought out by other team members for technical guidance and readily mentors others.
- Anticipates technical issues at the product level and makes architectural and design decisions to avoid them.
- Recognized as a prolific contributor to core and side projects; is quick to raise a hand to help.
- Multiplies the effectiveness of others by facilitating cross-team work.
- Cultivates a track record of sweeping improvements in stability, performance, and scalability across services.
- Consistently reduces the complexity of projects, services, and processes in order to get more done with less work.
- Makes an obvious and measurable positive impact on the company’s technical trajectory.
- Consistently advocates and models strong lines of collaboration and communication between functional areas within the company.
- Sets short to medium-term strategic technical direction.
- Communicates the awesomeness of company technology externally via talks and blog posts.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree and at least 3-5 years experience directly related to IT development.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- No or very limited physical effort required.